Friday 2 September 2016

Mum of Twins Shares Powerful Breastfeeding Photo to Prove Mothers Can Still Get Sh*t Done

 

An artist and mum of twins has shared an empowering photo of herself breastfeeding her two twins while working in an attempt to prove mothers can be career women, too.

Sharing a 'throwback' photo to when her twins were just five weeks old, Hein Koh whose post has gone viral, wrote on Facebook:

    "Despite the sleep deprivation and frequent (every 2-3 hours, 24/7, 45 minutes at a time) breastfeeding , I was still getting sh** done."

 

Referring to Marina Abramovic, an artist who 'thinks children hold women back in the art world', she said:

    "All Marina knows is her own experience, and it may be true for her, but that is not everyone's experience nor truth."

    "Becoming a mom (of twins no less) has personally helped me become a better artist - I learned to be extremely efficient with my time, prioritize what's important and lt go of the rest, and multitask like a champ.I learned to function (even if barely) on very little sleep, and out of the chaos, insanity and even torture at times, a flood of new emotions entered into my work, becoming more interesting and layered as a result.What I am saying is that parenting is like any other challenge in life - the biggest f***ing challenge in my own life thus far - and if you embrace it and figure out creative solutions, you can emerge a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...