Tuesday 31 May 2016

"Buhari Inherited Burden From Jonathan" - Wole Soyinka

 

Prof Wole Soyinka has said it would take time for President Muhammadu Buhari to clear the rot he inherited from his predecessor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, whose administration, he believed, left a “heavy baggage” and “burden” that may take a while to tackle.

According to The Nation, he spoke in Johannesburg, South Africa at a public lecture on the theme: Politics, Culture and the New Africa. He said:

    “This (Buhari) administration has inherited a heavy baggage. While I am critical in some aspects of the priority, I think that to clear up the mess left by previous administrations is going to take quite a while, especially in the economy sector. So, I don’t use words like optimism or pessimism; I’m just pragmatic. I look at what is on the ground and, of course, wherever I can intervene, I do both privately and publicly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...